Thunder clashes as lightning shoots across the sky,
Rain pounds on the panes and I hear my daughter cry.
Darkness one moment daylight in a flash,
Fear turns to peace before another clash.
It’s loud for a moment as silence ushers in,
A deep sleep and a rest that doesn’t wake me again.
Till morning when the first rays of light peek through,
The shades on my window off the drops of morning dew.
And I open the window to something so fresh and so clear,
A most beautiful morning erased of all fear.
A freshness that only spring storm clouds could bring,
Through the wreckage the very first glimpses of spring.
Wynema Clark 3/12/2013
- Thunder and Rain (mykentuckyliving.wordpress.com)
- Music: The Calm in the Eye of a Storm (tenthousandtags.wordpress.com)
- Summer Storms (everydayfamily.com)
- Storm’s Eye (wellheregoes.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Month (berinkinsman.com)
- National Poetry Month (poemattic.wordpress.com)
- a gift of storms (shrinksarentcheap.wordpress.com)